and follow your
Get the Support You Need to
BECOME A GRADUATE
Our organization selects young women with exceptional academic achievement and mentors them throughout their four years of college and beyond. We know that disadvantaged and/or first-generation students need the support of mentors and stipends to accomplish their goal of graduating from college. Through this one-of-a-kind program, these young pioneers have a better chance to fulfill their dreams of becoming college graduates.
Each scholar chosen receives:
• Trained Mentor
• $10,000 Stipend (paid in increments throughout their four years of college)
• Complete Dorm Room Provisions
• Laptop Computer
• Support Team of Business Women for contacts and internships
APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN DECEMBER 1, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
To become an SOS Scholar, you must fill out our online
application and provide us with all of the following documents:
You can mail your transcript to:
Support our Scholars
PO Box 1985
Winter Park, FL 32790-1985
Three letters of recommendation are required for the application. One letter must come from a guidance counselor or teacher. The best letters of recommendation address how you as a student would benefit from having a mentor in college.
Please provide a 500-700 word personal statement detailing why you should be selected for our program. Make sure to include how a mentor will contribute to or aid in your success, your future goals and objectives, and how receiving this award will impact your life.
To gain access to your SAR report:
- Go to fafsa.gov.
- Log In and enter your FSA ID on the left. Only you should know or use your FSA ID.
- Select View or Print your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the "My FAFSA" page.
- Print a hard copy and scan it or print to a PDF.
Provide a copy of your parent or legal guardian’s 2018 1040 tax form.
Please provide a copy of one of the following documents:
- Your passport
- Your birth certificate
- Your social security card
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship