HOW TO APPLY
To become an SOS Scholar, you must fill out our online application below
and provide us with all of the following documents:
You can mail your transcript to:
Support our Scholars
PO Box 1985
Winter Park, FL 32790-1985
Three letters of recommendation are required for the application. One letter must come from a guidance counselor or teacher. The best letters of recommendation address how you as a student would benefit from having a mentor in college.
Please provide a 500-700 word personal statement detailing why you should be selected for our program. Make sure to include how a mentor will contribute to or aid in your success, your future goals and objectives, and how receiving this award will impact your life.
To gain access to your SAR report:
- Go to fafsa.gov.
- Log In and enter your FSA ID on the left. Only you should know or use your FSA ID.
- Select View or Print your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the "My FAFSA" page.
- Print a hard copy and scan it or print to a PDF.
Provide a copy of your parent or legal guardian’s 2018 1040 tax form.
Please provide a copy of one of the following documents:
- Your passport
- Your birth certificate
- Your social security card
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
*Chosen scholars must attend these required events